There is a new virus (worm) being propagated via the Facebook chat, the Virus is called Dorkbot and it was discovered on the 5th of December 2011.
How does it work?
- It collects sensitive information when the user browses certain web sites
- It allows unauthorized access and control of the affected computer
How does it spread?
- It is spreading on the social network, tricking users into believing that they were clicking on a link to an image from a Facebook friend, that leads to a third party website which installs malware on the PC
How to avoid getting infected?
- Install and update the Antivirus client on your personal machine
- Don’t open or accept any suspicious file
- Be careful before you click or follow an image in the Facebook chat window